Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their home on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holiday season. Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
- Relocation buyers are out there. Neither corporations nor the military are concerned with holiday time, and if the buyers have kids, they want to get moved and get them into school as quickly as possible.
- Purchasers that are looking for a new home during the holiday season are serious buyers and are ready to buy.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You remain in control.
- Homes often show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is less competition for you as a seller right now. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays, directly increasing your competition. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- In many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge as we move forward, reaching new heights in 2017. New housing starts will likely lessen the demand for your home.
- And finally, changes in the market have caused a recent rise in mortgage interest rates. Should rates continue to go up, this could negatively impact the existing pool of buyers, decreasing the demand for homes. Don’t wait until this happens!
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home really doesn’t make sense. And, as always, if you’d like more information or if I can answer any questions for you, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m here to help!